02 4320 0543
"I manage a work life balance by going to the gym, playing guitar and piano. I am a Director of Wyong Rugby League Club, a leader in the development of community life and leisure activities. I am also on the board of several other organisations - Camp Breakaway Inc., an organisation enhancing the lives of people with disabilities, Central Coast Legal Centre, a legal service dedicated to promoting social justice and human rights, and the Central Coast Baseball Association."
Gerard began working in public practice at Toukley in 1990, moving to Herbert Partners as a Manager in 2005 looking after the Taxation and Accounting division. In 2006, Herbert Partners changed their name to Walker & Andrews where Gerard then became a Partner of the business. In May 2018, Gerard became Principal following the merge of Walker & Andrews and Robson Partners.
Gerard holds a Bachelor of Business, is a qualified Chartered Accountant, a registered SMSF Auditor and a registered Tax Agent with over 18 years in public practice.
Experience & Expertise
- Taxation and accounting consulting to individuals, partnerships, companies, trusts and self managed superannuation funds
- Consulting to the retirement village industry including taxation and accounting in the set up, accumulation and exit stages
- Resident budgets including preparation of annual proposed budget and quarterly resident financial reports
- Setup of borrowing structures to acquire property in self managed superannuation funds
- Assisting clients with land tax, payroll tax, PAYG withholding variations, capital gains tax, fringe benefits tax, rental properties, fuel tax rebates, GST, employment compliance, BAS preparation and foreign tax
- Set up of accounting software and training for small business
- Structuring and restructuring business operations
- Valuation of businesses for sale and acqusition